A world of Opportunity Awaits
Thanks for submitting!
We will get in touch soon.
Prestigious Ready to Wear and Bridal Designer, Monique Lhuillier, is seeking an Alterations Atelier Fitter who will be responsible for providing exemplary service to our clients in all facets of the Alterations process at our Los Angeles Flagship. This includes but not limited to: expectations related to fit, custom modifications, and re-sizing of garments.
The Alterations Atelier Fitter will assist in maintaining the department’s processes, productivity, and procedures to ensure proper communication and profitability.
- 5+ years of experience in an Atelier or Workroom environment
- Advanced Technical Skills (Pattern, draping, construction)
- Ability to maintain professional communication with coworkers and clients
- Expert knowledge of garment construction/fit
- Experience operating an industrial sewing machine
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manages time in an efficient way, and effectively implement feedback
- Availability to work 8 hour days including Saturdays
- English as a first language, or very strong second language
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Perform and complete alterations according to Monique Lhuillier Atelier guidelines and service standards
- Determine the required alterations needed to achieve the desired fit for Bridal and Ready to Wear garments
- Accurately measure and mark garments needing to be altered using the fit methods of the Monique Lhuillier Atelier
- Record all required alteration instructions and oversee work performed by assigned sewers
- Oversee the completion of assigned garments to ensure quality and accuracy is maintained
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and customer requests in a fast-paced environment
- Review bridal fitting scheduling with Atelier Manager to ensure efficient and realistic expectations that benefit the client, boutique, and work room efficiency
- Ensure customers receive a superior fitting experience and receive high-quality alterations within the stated time frame
- Assist alterations department by sewing, steaming, pressing and finishing merchandise as needed
- Maintain and assist Atelier Manager in safety standards and company policies
- Be the liaison between the sales team and client regarding fit, custom modifications, and alterations pricing