Thanks for submitting!
We will get in touch soon.
ABOUT MONIQUE LHUILLIER
Established in 1996, the Monique Lhuillier brand has become synonymous with luxury, femininity, allure and unparalleled glamour. The company is one of the leading fashion houses in design, quality, and creativity. With a passion for creating collections that are both feminine and modern, Monique Lhuillier continues to design ready-to-wear, accessories and bridal collections that are luxurious, chic and true to her aesthetic.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
An Alterations Fitter partners with the Atelier Manager, Fitting Supervisor, and Sales Team to satisfy client expectations related to fit, custom modifications, and re-sizing of all garments.
This role will assist in maintaining the department’s processes, productivity, and procedures to ensure proper communication and profitability.
- 5+ years of experience in an atelier environment or in a workroom
- Advanced Technical Skills (Pattern, draping, construction)
- Ability to maintain professional communication with coworkers and customers
- Expert knowledge of garment construction/fit
- Experience operating an industrial sewing machine
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage time in an efficient way, and effectively implement feedback
- Availability to work 8 hour days including Saturdays
- Must be fluent in English
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform and complete alterations according to Monique Lhuillier Atelier guidelines and service standards
- Determine the required alterations needed to achieve the desired fit for Bridal and Ready to Wear garments
- Accurately measure and mark garments needing to be altered using the fit methods of theMonique Lhuillier Atelier
- Record all required alteration instructions and oversee work performed by assigned sewers
- Oversee the completion of assigned garments to ensure quality and accuracy is maintained
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and customer requests in a fast-paced environment
- Review bridal fitting scheduling with Atelier Manager and Fitting Supervisor to ensure efficient and realistic expectations that benefit the client, boutique, and work room efficiency
- Ensure customers receive a superior fitting experience and receive high-quality alterations within the stated time frame
- Assist alterations department by sewing, steaming, pressing and finishing merchandise as needed
- Maintain and assist Atelier Manager and Fitting Supervisor in safety standards and company policies
- Be the liaison between the sales team and client regarding fit, custom modifications, and alterations pricing
A reasonable estimate of the current hourly rate is $25.00-35.00, annualized from $52,000 - $72,800. The rate of pay offered may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Company Holidays