Thanks for submitting!
We will get in touch soon.
Prestigious Ready to Wear and Bridal Designer, Monique Lhuillier, is seeking a Head Seamstress/Bridal Fitter for the Alterations Atelier. This role will provide each customer with the best possible service and quality of work.
- 5+ years of experience in luxury or bridal alterations environment
- Advanced Technical Skills (Pattern, draping, construction)
- Ability to maintain professional communication with coworkers and clients
- Expert knowledge of garment construction/fit
- A passion for the Art of Alterations
- Experience operating an industrial sewing machine
- Ability to be flexible, work on multiple projects, manages time in an efficient way in a team environment
- Availability to work 8+ hour days and be available on nights and weekends in a fast paced environment based on business needs
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Perform and complete alterations according to Monique Lhuillier Alteration guidelines and service standards
- Determine the required alterations needed to achieve the desired fit for Bridal and RTW garments
- Accurately measure and mark garments needing to be altered using the fit methods of Monique Lhuillier
- Machine work, hand sewing, steaming, pressing, spot cleaning and finishing merchandise
- Record all required alteration instructions and oversee work performed by assigned sewers
- Ensure customers receive a superior fitting experience and receive high-quality alterations within the stated time frame.
Assign and communicate the work needed on garments to other team members to ensure quality and that accuracy is maintained
If chosen to interview, you will be required to perform a fitting and pass a sewing test.