Thanks for submitting!
We will get in touch soon.
Prestigious Ready to Wear and Bridal Designer, Monique Lhuillier, is seeking an Alterations Manager who will be responsible for providing exemplary service to our clients in all facets of the Alterations process at our Madison Avenue Flagship in New York. This includes but not limited to: expectations related to fit, custom modifications, and re-sizing of garments.
The Alterations Manager will maintain the department’s processes, productivity, and procedures to ensure proper communication and profitability.
- 7+ years of experience in managing an Atelier or Workroom environment
- Advanced Technical Skills (Pattern, draping, construction)
- Ability to maintain professional communication with coworkers and clients
- Expert knowledge of garment construction/fit
- Experience operating an industrial sewing machine
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manages time in an efficient way, and effectively implement feedback
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage an effective and motivated team of machine operators and hand finishers
- Capable of managing an intense fitting schedule of clients as well as assisting with sewing, steaming, pressing and finishing merchandise
- Perform and complete alterations according to Monique Lhuillier guidelines and service standards
- Determine the required alterations needed to achieve the desired fit for Bridal and Ready to Wear garments
- Accurately measure and mark garments needing to be altered using the fit methods of Monique Lhuillier
- Document all required alteration instructions and oversee work performed by assigned sewers
- Oversee the completion of assigned garments to ensure quality and accuracy is maintained
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and customer requests in a fast-paced environment
- Review bridal fitting scheduling to ensure efficient and realistic expectations that benefit the client, boutique, and work room efficiency
- Ensure customers receive a superior fitting experience and receive high-quality alterations within the stated time frame
- Be the liaison between the sales team and client regarding fit, custom modifications, and alterations pricing
- Oversee Workroom hours and payroll submissions