Alterations Manager - Costa Mesa, CA
ABOUT MONIQUE LHUILLIER
Established in 1996, the Monique Lhuillier brand has become synonymous with luxury, femininity, allure and unparalleled glamour. The company is one of the leading fashion houses in design, quality, and creativity. With a passion for creating collections that are both feminine and modern, Monique Lhuillier continues to design ready-to-wear, accessories and bridal collections that are luxurious, chic and true to her aesthetic.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Alterations Manager will be responsible for providing exemplary service to our clients in all facets of the Alterations process at our South Coast Plaza Flagship in Costa Mesa. This includes but not limited to: expectations related to fit, custom modifications, and re-sizing of garments.
This role will assist in maintaining the department’s processes, productivity, and procedures to ensure proper communication and profitability.
- 5+ years of fittings and sewing experience in luxury or bridal alterations environment
- Advanced technical skills (sewing, pattern, draping, construction)
- Experience operating an industrial sewing machine and industrial pressing iron
- Expert knowledge of garment construction/fit
- Ability to maintain professional communication with coworkers and clients
- Ability to multitask projects and manage time in an in a team environment
- Availability to work 8+ hour days and be available on nights and weekends in a fast paced environment based on business needs
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a sewing team and oversee production of garments to assigned sewers
- Perform full daily fittings following an appointment schedule
- Execute accurate and appropriate fittings according to Monique Lhuillier guidelines
- Review bridal fitting scheduling to ensure efficient and realistic expectations that benefit the client, boutique, and work room efficiency
- Record detailed alteration instructions and delegating alteration projects
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Assist alterations department by sewing, steaming, pressing and finishing merchandise
- Ensure customers receive a superior fitting experience and receive high-quality alterations within the stated time frame
- Be the liaison between the sales team and client regarding fit, custom modifications, and alterations pricing
- Replenish inventory and supplies for alterations department
NOTE: If chosen to interview, you will be required to perform a fitting and pass a sewing test.
A reasonable estimate of the current annual salary is from $65,000 - $85,000. The rate of pay offered may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Company Holidays