Thanks for submitting!
We will get in touch soon.
ABOUT MONIQUE LHUILLIER
Established in 1996, the Monique Lhuillier brand has become synonymous with luxury, femininity, allure and unparalleled glamour. The company is one of the leading fashion houses in design, quality, and creativity. With a passion for creating collections that are both feminine and modern, Monique Lhuillier continues to design ready-to-wear, accessories and bridal collections that are luxurious, chic and true to her aesthetic.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Alterations Tailor/Seamtress will be responsible for providing exemplary sewing service in-house at our South Coast Plaza Atelier in Costa Mesa. This includes but not limited to: expectations related to fit, custom modifications, and re-sizing of garments.
- 5+ years of sewing experience in evening gowns or bridal alterations environment
- Specialty in handling lace, beadwork, silks and tulle
- Advanced technical skills (sewing, pattern, draping, construction)
- Experience operating an industrial sewing machine and industrial pressing iron
- Expert knowledge of garment construction/fit
- Ability to maintain professional communication with colleagues
- Ability to multitask projects and manage time in an in a team environment
- Availability to work 8+ hour days and be available on nights and weekends in a fast paced environment based on business needs
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Sew garments fitted and assigned by Alterations Manager in a timely manner
- Handle all aspects of sewing: machine sewing, hand finishing, draping, cutting, bustling, pressing,
- Accurately measure and mark garments according to Monique Lhuillier Alterations guideline
- Responsible for starting and completing individually assigned projects
- Follow and complete alterations instructions provided from an instructions card
- Capable to customize such as downsizing or upsizing, creating sleeves, creating coverage, etc.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate with fitter and Alterations Manager
NOTE: If chosen to interview, you will be required to perform a fitting and pass a sewing test.
A reasonable estimate of the current hourly rate is $17.00-35.00, annualized from $35,360 - $72,800. The rate of pay offered may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Company Holidays