Thanks for submitting!
We will get in touch soon.
Prestigious Ready to Wear and Bridal Designer, Monique Lhuillier, is seeking an Alterations Seamstress who will be responsible for providing exemplary sewing expertise in-house at our Los Angles Atelier. This includes but not limited to: expectations related to fit, custom modifications, and re-sizing of garments.
- 5+ years of sewing experience in evening gowns or bridal alterations environment
- Specialty in handling lace, beadwork, silks and tulle
- Advanced technical skills (sewing, pattern, draping, construction)
- Experience operating an industrial sewing machine and industrial pressing iron
- Expert knowledge of garment construction/fit
- Ability to maintain professional communication with colleagues
- Ability to multitask projects and manage time in an in a team environment
- Availability to work 8+ hour days and be available on nights and weekends in a fast paced environment based on business needs
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Sew garments fitted and assigned by Alterations Manager in a timely manner
- Handle all aspects of sewing: machine sewing, hand finishing, draping, cutting, bustling, pressing,
- Accurately measure and mark garments according to Monique Lhuillier Alterations guideline
- Responsible for starting and completing individually assigned projects
- Follow and complete alterations instructions provided from an instructions card
- Capable to customize such as downsizing or upsizing, creating sleeves, creating coverage, etc.
If chosen to interview, you will be required to perform a fitting and pass a sewing test.