Bridal/Ready to Wear Production Pattern Maker | Los Angeles (Vernon), CA APPLY NOW
ABOUT MONIQUE LHUILLIER
Established in 1996, the Monique Lhuillier brand has become synonymous with luxury, femininity, allure and unparalleled glamour. The company is one of the leading fashion houses in design, quality, and creativity. With a passion for creating collections that are both feminine and modern, Monique Lhuillier continues to design ready-to-wear, accessories and bridal collections that are luxurious, chic and true to her aesthetic.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
A Production Pattern Maker works with our Pre-Production and Design departments and is responsible for creating production patterns based on the original model size, along with all tasks needed for a production-ready pattern and garment. The Production Pattern Maker relies on their experience and knowledge of contemporary fit and garment construction to plan and accomplish department goals. The ideal candidate will be able to personify the Monique Lhuillier spirit through a deep understanding and conveyance of brand image and products.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in luxury Ready to Wear Evening/Bridal focused garments and textiles
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment that promotes high-performance standards and attainment of goals
- Build constructive and effective relationships with all cross-functional partners, especially with sewing operators
- Ability to follow processes to get things done efficiently and complete workload effectively and on time
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Be comfortable with all tasks that are needed to complete a garment, including but not limited to working alongside sewers, cutters, marking and grading, and model fittings
- Strong ability to create patterns and knowledge of grading
- Understand the bridal and evening gown size market
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for draping and drafting patterns for production based on the original model pattern and adhering to the company’s style and production spec
- Participate in fittings with the Design and Pre-Production team
- Participate in live model fit sessions and update the pattern based on any design changes, fabric and construction issues, or fit problems
- Identify potential production issues in construction, fit or quality and make appropriate recommendations
A reasonable estimate of the current annual salary ranges from $75,000-$110,000. The rate of pay offered may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
NOTE: If chosen to interview, you will be required to make a test pattern. Pattern will be cut and sewn for review.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Exclusive Employee Sales
- Employee Discount