General Manager - Retail
Duties and Responsibilities Overview:
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor through customer engagement and product knowledge ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided.
- Train and communicate current collection knowledge to all staff to ensure the team is fully educated on brand standards and language.
- Develop and implement business action plans in collaboration with the Division Director to enhance sales for each product category.
- Oversee and work together with the Alterations Department to ensure expertise, accuracy and efficiency while upholding customer service excellence.
- Proactively follow current competitors and fashion trends, industry news and innovations in technology to constantly grow and enhance the Monique Lhuillier experience.
- Conduct monthly coaching meetings with staff to review performance and provide constructive, timely feedback. Oversee annual review process for all store employees and set annual employee goals.
- Attract, recruit, and retain a high performing team and build a talent pool through networking.
- Manage the ongoing training of sales staff to retain and develop high potential clients delivering successful results.
- Promote brand awareness and capture market share through community outreach in Orange County.
- Lead the team on delivering superior customer service and after sales experience to increase and retain customer loyalty. Build and monitor CRM reporting with sales staff.
- Monitor store expenses and maintain store budget while aiming to reduce overall cost.
- Complete all necessary administrative duties and reporting in a timely manner necessary with a special order business.
- Oversee the processing of daily incoming and outbound merchandise shipments.
- Provide accurate monthly schedules by analyzing peak hours to ensure adequate floor coverage, drive sales and ensure exceptional customer experiences at all times.
- Support and maintain visual merchandising standards.
- Maintain full organization of company assets in back of house and sales floor.
- Minimum of 7 years sales management experience in luxury retail
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred
- Experience in successfully opening a new store location (preferably in a mall Environment) with the proven ability to create an effective on boarding program
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver results
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- High level attention to detail on fit, fabric and garment construction
- Industry awareness (Luxury Bridal included) and strong business instincts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility to work a retail mall schedule which will include evenings, weekends and Holidays
Costa Mesa, CA