Thanks for submitting!
We will get in touch soon.
Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Process multi-state payroll bi-weekly using ADP Workforce Now. This includes verifying hourly timesheets and entering data in ADP.
- Responsible for accurate payroll data – pay rates, deductions, direct deposits, 401(k) contributions, wage garnishments, PTO tracking, etc.
- Maintain accurate attendance files for all employees. Reconcile time off requests with available PTO. Create monthly liability reports for accounting.
- Primary benefits administrator - including insurance renewals, the annual open enrollment, and billing. Reconcile monthly billings for all employee related benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life). Responsible for enrollments and terminations. Track employee eligibility for benefits.
- Point of contact for worker's compensation and 401(k) administration.
- General knowledge and experience working with 401(k) plans.
- Maintain and track all COBRA participants and employees on approved leave.
- Prepare and process new hire and termination paperwork.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, files and reports, including responsibility for maintaining personnel records.
- Ensure compliance with federal/state payroll laws and regulations and accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Serve as a resource for all team members by being available and accessible to discuss all human resources related issues.
- Oversee handling of employment-related inquiries, such as employment verification requests and unemployment compensation inquiries and proceedings.
- Advise on employment law, providing guidance and interpretation of current employment law.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in employment legislation.
- Prepare all payroll and benefits related monthly journal entries. Reconcile month end payroll and benefits related accounts.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- At least 3 years of professional experience across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, and workers compensation.
- Ability to communicate various policies and procedures to all levels of employees, as they apply to payroll and 401(k) administration.
- Knowledge of laws related to payroll and labor regulations.
- Understanding the fundamentals of basic accounting to be able to prepare journal entries.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now, Excel, Word and Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Must be able to meet bi-weekly payroll deadlines
- Available to work overtime as needed
- Detailed oriented and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work discreetly and maintain confidential information.
We offer competitive benefits including PTO, health insurance and a 401k plan as well as a casual work environment. Compensation depends on experience.
Please submit your resume with desired compensation.
Los Angeles, CA