Alterations Hand Sewer | Los Angeles, CA APPLY NOW
ABOUT MONIQUE LHUILLIER
Established in 1996, the Monique Lhuillier brand has become synonymous with luxury, femininity, allure and unparalleled glamour. The company is one of the leading fashion houses in design, quality, and creativity. With a passion for creating collections that are both feminine and modern, Monique Lhuillier continues to design ready-to-wear, accessories and bridal collections that are luxurious, chic and true to her aesthetic.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
An Alterations Hand Sewer partners with the Atelier Manager and Fitting Supervisor to satisfy client expectations related to hand work sewn onto gowns.
- 5+ years of experience in an alteration’s environment or in a workroom
- Ability to maintain professional communication with coworkers
- Expert knowledge of garment construction/fit
- Preferred Advanced Technical Skills (Pattern, draping, construction)
- Experience operating an industrial sewing machine
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage time in an efficient way, and effectively implement feedback
- Availability to work 8-hour days including Saturdays
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This position will also assist the alterations department by sewing, steaming, pressing and finishing merchandise as needed.
Work is inclusive of the following:
- Lace Applique (Cutting and applying)
- Hand Beading
- Bridal and Evening Wear Bustles
- Closures, Buttons, snaps, belts, loops
- Placement of zippers
- Replacement of boning
- Adjustment of delicate fabrics like chiffon and silk tulle
A reasonable estimate of the current hourly rate is $20.00-30.00, annualized from $41,600 - $62,400. The rate of pay offered may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Company Holidays