Alterations Bridal Fitter -Los Angeles
Prestigious Ready to Wear and Bridal Designer, Monique Lhuillier, is seeking a Bridal Alterations Fitter. This person will partner with the Alterations work room and the Sales team to satisfy client expectations related to fit, custom modifications, and re-sizing of all bridal garments.
This role will assist in maintaining the department’s processes, productivity, and procedures to ensure proper communication and profitability.
- 5+ years of experience in luxury or bridal alterations environment
- Advanced Technical Skills (Pattern, draping, construction)
- Ability to maintain professional communication with coworkers and clients
- Expert knowledge of garment construction/fit
- A passion for the Art of Alterations
- Experience operating an industrial sewing machine
- Ability to be flexible, work on multiple projects, manages time in an efficient way in a team environment
- Availability to work 8+ hour days and be available on nights and weekends in a fast paced environment based on business needs
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Perform and complete alterations according to Monique Lhuillier Alteration guidelines and service standards
- Determine the required alterations needed to achieve the desired fit for Bridal and RTW garments
- Accurately measure and mark garments needing to be altered using the fit methods of Monique Lhuillier
- Record all required alteration instructions and oversee work performed by assigned sewers
- Oversee the completion of assigned garments to ensure quality and accuracy is maintained
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and customer requests in a fast-paced environment
- Review bridal fitting scheduling with the Flagship Boutique General Manager to ensure efficient and realistic expectations that benefit the client, boutique, and work room efficiency.
- Ensure customers receive a superior fitting experience and receive high-quality alterations within the stated time frame.
- Assist alterations department by sewing, steaming, pressing and finishing merchandise.
- Be the liaison between the sales team and client regarding fit, custom modifications, and alterations pricing.
If chosen to interview, you will be required to perform a fitting and pass a sewing test.